VentSure® Ventilation Products
Proper ventilation, along with attic insulation, helps to maintain a comfortable temperature inside your home. Appropriate ventilation will also increase
your home’s energy efficiency, prevent moisture damage, and will ultimately increase the longevity of your roof. Roof Ventilation Benefits
- Allows outside air to flow naturally upward and out of attic.
- Promotes a cooler, drier attic.
- Helps prevent moisture from becoming trapped in insulation, structural wood, shingles and roof deck.
- Helps prevent rotting, mildew, drywall damage, peeling paint and warped siding.
- Provides year-round performance for consistent ventilation without energy consumption.
Ventilation is an important component of Certainteed’s Complete Roofing System. These Ventsure ventilation products will help prevent damage and premature aging caused by moisture in the winter and excess heat in the summer.
Typical household activities can wreak havoc on a roof and attic if proper roof ventilation is not provided:
- Excessive heat build-up encourages the premature aging and cracking of wood and other roofing materials. Extreme heat also can transmit into living areas which reduces energy efficiency and makes for an uncomfortable climate inside a home.
- In cold weather, warm air generated by laundry, showers, and dish washing can linger in the house and cause moisture build-up.
Proper ventilation and insulation is vital to your home. Top of the House® roofing system, coupled with the appropriate amount of attic insulation will combat these problems and maximize your home’s energy efficiency.
In a balanced system, wind blowing over the ridge creates negative pressure that draws the warmer air out of the attic. Replacement air will then enter through the under eave or soffit vents, then bathes the underside of the roof and exits at the ridge cap through the ridge, roof, or gable vents. Even without wind, the natural convection action of rising warm air maintains a continuous airflow along the underside of the roof.